Continuing the work started earlier this year, which is becoming more urgent, I've tested the Potluck test db under PHP7 and confirmed it's all working as expected. So I've now started to port the changes forward to the existing dev and live databases, which were originally forked at different points in the development of the codebase. So far I've updated Maple Ridge Dev, Maple Ridge Live, VPN Dev and VPN Live, and all seems to be well. The last hurdle is the Vancouver properties db, which is a bit older and will need some care. But the problem seems to be solvable. With luck, the first transition to PHP 5.6 will just work, and then we can setEnv UVPHP_VERSION 70 in the .htaccess file and get some speed benefits from PHP 7. In the process of merging changes, I also brought a couple of good ideas into the main codebase from the VPN version.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Activity log.