Refreshed all the OAI metadata records. I'm going to document this process since I don't seem to have documented it in the past.
- Start up a local Tomcat with the "coldesp2" webapp in its webapps directory.
- Connect with the JNLP client.
- Clean out and refresh all the XML files in the db (watch out for deleted despatch records, where for instance we've found dupes). For large collections such as correspondence and oai/records, it's quickest to delete the collection and re-create it. Leave the records collection empty.
- Go to the query interface, and paste a copy of oai_update.xq into it. Run it.
- When it's complete, download the records collection and replace the local copy with its contents.
- Commit changes to SVN. Look out for the need to delete an old oai record where a despatch may have disappeared.
- Change the oai/meta/identify.xml file to update the earliestDatestamp element appropriately.
- Upload that file and all the records files to the live db. Again, it's quickest to delete the records collection and re-create it. This also ensures that obsolete records are removed.
The generation process used to take about four hours on my previous workstation; this time it took only half an hour.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Activity log.