1. ES was informed by SA that amending the names of video files after they are uploaded on the server is fine, as long as we change all references to these files elsewhere (i.e. changing all references in the corresponding xml files). Therefore, all new videos have been added to the server and are visible on http://lettuce.tapor.uvic.ca/~florevid/media/ under the following (temporary) names: cltca1 & lafca1 (Gary), eduf2 & eduf3 (Jean-Philippe), prmf6 (Valentin), cltc1, frac1 & lafc1(Elvis), vepf1 & cltf4 (Pierre), fraf3 (Maeva).
2. To add a new xml file, indicate the following in the command box: [svn add [name of file].xml]
3. ES created a document with the list of the principal codes that are used for transcriptions (i.e. italics, interviewer's intervention, etc.) for future use. Document is saved on POMME and has been uploaded to Dropbox (cf. Liste des codes de transcription pour FrancoToile).
3. Transcripts for cltca1, lafca1, eduf2, eduf3 have been created and committed to Oxygen. These files are visible on FrancoToile21. Transcript for cltc1 has been created but not added to server's database as ES is awaiting CC's permission to do so (more details were sent by email to CC)
4. Latitude and longitude details for sngl1 and sngl2 were amended to reflect the country where these two speakers come from (i.e. Mali & Burkina Faso). ES also asked Dr. Niang where the recordings took place and he confirmed that he was in Burkina Faso and not Senegal as originally entered in the xml files.
5. New requests have been forwarded to SA with regards to the Google map:
a. Change the language from English into French in video descriptions visible on Google map for French interface (i.e. "name" becomes "nom", "location" becomes "lieu", "gender" becomes "sexe")
b. Change the word "location" for "lieu" on the Search page of the French interface.
c. In the xml files, ES added a comma between the [settlement] tag and the [country] tag for both residence and nationality, so that it displays better within the video descriptions available on Google map. SA believes that the comma should be part of the code and not as a text addition to the xml file, and he will look into creating the appropriate rule.
d. It was suggested that being able to choose several topics & age brackets from the drop-down lists of the Search page could be a good idea. It would allow to be more precise when selecting videos from databse. For example, one could find all videos where someone between "10-14" and "65+", is talking about "music", "language", and "cinema". The Search function would use AND (not OR).
e. ES got confused with the [stages of life] tag that is available in the xml files. The purpose of this tag is to be discussed with CC and SA will double-check if it's being currently used on the site (for example, as part of a site Search, etc.)
f. In the "topic/thème" drop down list on Search page, all the new topics that ES added as part of the newly added videos only display in the language they were entered (i.e. French) both on the French and English interfaces. Most of these topics will be deleted anyway as they make the list too long, and not easy to read and manage. However, one question remains: should there be a need to add a new [item] tag for the topic list (for example: music/musique), how should it be entered in Oxygen so that it displays and translates correctly on both interfaces of the website? Also, would it be a good idea to have these topics classified in alphabetical order in the drop down list?
6. To be discussed with CC: what is information to be used for Google map? Should it be where the person grew up, where the person lives, or where the recording took place? ES will discuss this with CC during next meeting and notify SA accordingly.
Note 1: Currently, the information regarding "location" that is displayed on Google map is what is entered under "residence" in the xml file.
Note 2: ES wanted to check the Excel sheet that CC created and that contains some information on the interviewed people (i.e. where they live, their age, etc.), but XL documents cannot be opened on the HCMC's computer.
7. Also to be discussed at next meeting with CC:
a. the topics (les thèmes) that best describe the videos and that provide a list that is neither too long or too difficult to choose from.
b. the new videos (Jordan) to be edited and added to the site + transcripts to be done
c. create a CD with Pierre's videos
d. identify the type of subjects that would be the most needed to expand the video database
e. retrieve, if possible, missing video (Yoanna, education primaire, prmf5)
8. Next step is the creation of transcripts for all remaining new videos.