I've decided we should build the HTML pages from a genuine template, so that anyone who knows HTML can easily edit such things as the menu items and the boilerplate content. I've set one up, and given it a basic flex-based CSS layout that shouldn't be too hard for later styling. I'm thinking about building in the small-format device rulesets from the beginning, so they don't end up being grafted on later. The basic process would be to load the template, and process it through XSLT templates, with the source XML document passed as a tunnelled parameter; that should mean we can pull anything we like from the source XML fairly easily, and meanwhile most of the boilerplate stuff will just fall through in an identity transform. XML will be processed under a distinct mode.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Activity log.