Resolving SVN Commit Conflicts Due to Simultaneous Editing
For Sophie (and any future new project members), here is an easy way to resolve conflicts that arise from trying to commit documents that have been edited by more than one person during a session:
1. Drag the relevant (edited) files from the mom directory to the desktop.
2. Delete the remaining contents of the mom directory, but not the directory folder itself.
3. Perform an svn update as usual.
4. Open Oxygen; under Tools, select "Compare Files."
5. Open the desktop version of your file on one side and the one from the directory on the other.
6. Differences will display as red tabs on the scrollbar; click on them to jump to the conflict.
7. Carry over your changes to the directory version using the directional arrows (pay attention to the hover text and watch to be certain the changes you made now appear in both files).
8. When the documents are free of conflicts, you can validate and save.
9. Perform an svn commit as usual.
10. Before you delete the mom files on the desktop, it's worth checking that your changes went through. Then you can log out/shut down.