I've started the process of re-building the Mariage schema, XML and file structures. I have a "pre-process_xml.xsl" stylesheet which reworks the XML, moving everything from @style to @rendition/rendition elements in the header, and this is partially tested; it has a couple of bugs still to work out, in that it generates duplicate @xml:id elements for a handful of fw elements. The ODD file itself has been partly changed, but is not yet generating a fully-working schema (@rendition does not seem to be available), so I'm working on that now. Once the schema is working, it will disallow various old habits such as biblScope/@type in favour of @unit.
- Fix the bug in xml:id generation for fw elements.
- Fix the ODD file so a schema allowing @rendition everywhere is created.
- Test the transformation and make sure it's producing fully-valid and unbroken XML files from the source documents.
- Update all XSL that looks at biblScope/@type on the site so it can handle @unit alongside it.
- Test-upload some transformed documents and ensure that they are displaying correctly in the interface. Fix any bugs arising out of that.
- Commit all converted files in one batch, after checking with CC for a good time to do it.
- Warn CC about changes.
- Upload everything into eXist and test extensively.