I have a test stack running on lettuce on port 9090 which has all the bits in place. We're now testing it, but so far the only problem is the re-indexing problem (see previous post in this blog), for which there is a potential fix available: Replace exist.jar and xmldb.jar from the WAR distribution with those from the standard eXist distribution. I'll try this once we find out what the developers have to say about the problem. This is similar to the xerces version warning I was getting earlier, where eXist complained about the version in use being 2.8.0 when it wanted 2.8.1. I replaced the WAR xerces with the standalone xerces and everything was happy.