Met with PD today to discuss the integration of the 1911 data thus far, and to go over any changes that need to be made. My task list from the meeting:
- Fix the occupation and religions table searches, both of which are broken on the development and live sites
- Add the 1911 information into the locations table:
- location_02: id 13/"Victoria City"
- location_03: sub district ID as given by PD (e.g. 10 for Fernwood, 3 for Rock Bay)
- Remove the "address" field from the advanced search, which is now obsolete thanks to the "street" field
- Put insurance data into the detail view for 1911 records
- Change instances of "color" to "colour"
- Remove "colour" from 1911 views since that data wasn't collected
- In the summary view of a record, move "Speaks English/French" above "First Language" and "Second Language"
- Insert missing first/second language information into 1911 data
- For census record fields that have no information, display a blank field instead of "Unknown" as this glosses over the nuances of the data (i.e. no data vs. illegible or otherwise unknown data)
- Fix the earnings field in the advanced search, which doesn't seem to work at all
- Fix a display error in the "Birthdate" field for 1911 records
- When choosing occupations, races, birthplaces, relationships to head, etc. in the advanced search form, only display values that have corresponding census records
- Remove erroneous "E" relationship to head and move all records associated with it to "Employee"
- Add "Hotel" to the building table with an ID of 9
- Add the amount paid for education field to the 1911 detail view
This entry was posted by and is filed under Notes.