Greg and I met with CC and PS to check in on the progress since our last meeting (two weeks ago) and to discuss some refinements and changes to the website leading up to the April 20th deadline.
A number of tasks emerged from the meeting:
- Remove the search sidebar from the map page. The map will simply be a way to 'browse' all the videos; searching will be done on its own page.
- Update the navigation so that the options are: Browse, Search, Help
- Work on validating the site in HTML5
- Minor UI tweaks throughout the site
For CC (and/or assistant):
- Write about us/help text
- Provide translation text throughout site where appropriate
- Decide on various "related videos" categories (nationality, age, gender, subject, etc.)
- Investigate TEI standards for nationality and residence
- Ensure, with CC, that the nationality and residence data follows the TEI standards
- Investigate (and hopefully implement) Google Maps API for video map points
- Change format of video text search results so that, instead of a timestamp, the search term with ~2 words before and after is displayed
- Ensure the HTML5 video player works in Firefox, IE (8), Safari, and Chrome
- Finish HTML5 version of video captions
No further face-to-face meeting was scheduled, though we'll be in email contact with each other.