Jamie and I met with CC and PS to hammer out a priority list of tasks to complete before CALICO.
By April 20th PS will have
1) fixed 2 or 3 small interface bugs we ID'd
2) completed a basic shell for the map (just a GUI wrapper)
3) tweaked the search results page so it produces thumbnailed links (timestamped) in to each video
4) convert new pages to HTML5
5) embed an HTML5 video player (with Jamie's help)
By April 20th HCMC will produce
1) a basic map displaying all locations of speakers currently in the db, with each location providing a hook in to the search system to provide a list of speakers from that location. It will use OpenLayers and KML to begin with.
2) The "Other videos" panel to the right of the video player panel will be dynamic, providing, at first, a selection of other speakers from the same region as the speaker currently in the video player panel. Other possible categorizations were discussed, but not finalized.
After April 20th we will discuss any leftover issues and decide how to proceed. The goal is to present a mostly feature-complete version at CALICO (May 17-21).