Meeting & decisions on publication and editions
Posted by mholmes on 06 Feb 2014 in Activity log
Meeting this morning with JT and HT to discuss publication and rendering for the future. Decisions (still to be run by the board):
- For the current volume, I will attempt to render the edition using side-by-side original and translation (in PDF, on facing pages). It's accepted that this will take a while to code.
- A preface to Vol 21 will need to be written, explaining the inclusion of the edition.
- Volume 21 will ship as "2012-2014".
- The existing proofed articles will be published now, with Vol 21 (2014), with individual pagination. Their print pagination will be added when the print volume is ready.
- In future, we will publish articles and reviews as they are ready, with each year constituting a separate Issue of the current Volume; when a volume reaches printable size, at the close of that year it will be produced.
- Looking forward, we will create new guidelines for submission of editions, in consultation with MD, NvD and others, and actively solicit such contributions.
- A standalone PDF/print rendering will be available for editions, so that they can be purchased in print, eventually forming a series.
This entry was posted by Martin and filed under Activity log.