This is the complete mapping for copying metadata over from the ContentDM records to our TEI files:
- dc:title (multiple): titleStmt/title, bibl/title.
- dc:description: notesStmt/note (replace the first one).
- dc:description[preceding-sibling::dc:description][string-length(.) gt 50]: notesStmt/note (add new ones). These are the textual descriptions; the shorter ones are various scale and coordinate details.
- dc:description[matches(., "^[0-9]+[ 0-9'NW\-\./]+$") and string-length(.) gt 3]: bibl/geo. These one-line expressions of geo locations will have to be further processed into something we can use to map to Google. They're not really in consistent format.
- dc:subject (multiple) = notesStmt/note type="subject".
- dc:creator = bibl/author.
- dc:contributor[not(preceding-sibling::dc:creator)][not(starts-with(., 'Fund')] = bibl/author.
- dc:language == 'eng' : bibl/@xml:lang = 'en'
- dc:language == 'spa' : bibl/@xml:lang = 'es'
- dc:contributor[starts-with(., 'Fund')] = funder.
- dc:publisher = bibl/publisher
- dc:relation = bibl/publisher (really should be repository, but we don't want to be get into having a full msIdentifier).
- dc:identifier[starts-with(., 'http://contentdm')] = idno type="contentdm".
I'm now halfway through the XSLT which will integrate the metadata into the TEI files. Should be done tomorrow.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Activity log.