Long meeting: some decisions and actions
Posted by mholmes on 16 May 2007 in Activity log
Met with John for an hour and a half. We did a number of things:
- Got the URL http://scancan.uvic.ca set up and working (at least, Greg got it done at our request).
- Researched available domain names and found scancan.net is available, so John registered it through Verio. When the confirmation details arrive, we'll be able to point the various DNS servers correctly and we'll have that working too.
- Looked at a range of different indexing services from Appendix 3 of the document mentioned in the post below. Most seem to be thoroughly commercial, and none had good info on how to register your journal or get it indexed, except the MLA, which requires paper submissions. Wrote to a couple of them, including the MLA, for more info. We should get the journal indexed in two or three of these if we can, but we want to avoid giving up the right to serve it open-access ourselves.
- Discussed the SSHRC grant application again, in a little more detail.
- Discussed the possibility of making the old editions available online as PDFs. John has Word files, and we could use those to generate the PDFs as long as they're complete, correctly paginated, etc.
This entry was posted by Martin and filed under Activity log.