This post gathers together a bit of the work that's been done so far for LOI, in no particular order.
- GL has all of the RADish objects splitting into their own files; this works nicely, but it exposes that we need to get the metadata for those objects finished. He's coming up with some good diagnostics for flagging these and we're considering some boilerplate messages for objects that are not yet finished
- All documents are being processed properly and are, more or less, rendering correctly; still lots of work to be done there, however.
All AJAX fragments are being created properly. I've taken a slightly different approach: we construct the Ajax fragments BEFORE we create the standalone. Then, in the standalone, we just inject the ajax fragments that we need into the standoff bit (the `<text type="standoff">`). We create the XHTML renderings of those AJAX fragments as part of the HTML build.
- Note that standalone processing does not yet inject the taxonomies/categories etc into the build. That will be necessary
- All XML is being validated; next step will be to get the XHTML validation working.
- The site build accepts the standard -DdocsToBuild parameter, but I've added Regex handling so that you can do something like -DdocsToBuild=protest_letter_\\d+ (note the double slash) and build all of the protest letters. (The double slash is necessary since ant removes a single slash; this could likely also be prevented by doing docsToBuild='protest_letter_\d+').
We still need to get the maps/stories back into the build, which will be a significant amount of work, but at least MH already has all the code for processing them from the dbs and the structure working, so that should be adaptable.