I've implemented everything on our plan, and sent the results to JT for checking:
- Running headers have been reworked to match their requirements.
- The list of contributors has been moved to the end, before the index.
- The TOC is followed by a List of Illustrations.
- After the Index, there is:
- a List of Colour Plates
- an empty landscape page for each colour plate, with a caption
- an empty page for each monochrome image (figure), with a caption (all landscape except one).
As far as I can tell, I've followed the publisher's guidelines and examples on page size and text positioning exactly, but JT will to check that. For the landscape pages, I've assumed that the area of the page which is used for text in portrait mode is also the area that would be used in landscape mode, so the centred captions for "Colour Plate 1" etc. are centred relative to that page area, not the page as a whole.
- I've used "colour" rather than "color" throughout -- the publisher may wish to change spelling, but if so, it would have to be done comprehensively through the whole volume, which follows Canadian spelling.
- We're still missing the ISBN number on the title page verso. We mustn't forget that.