I've now finished and documented the rhyme-finding tool, and the team are testing it. Meanwhile, there's a need to be able to nimbly merge some components of the metadata db into a small subset of the TEI files -- specifically, a single year for a single periodical -- to allow indexing fixes and updates to be propagated on a folder-by-folder basis so the encoding can proceed without running the whole massive operation. I've therefore modularized that process, and it can now be called with parameters for periodical folder and year, and tested the result successfully with Chambers 1840, which is next on the encoding list. I did the same thing to the OCR process, which usually needs to be run after the db merge process anyway. This will make life easier going forward. 240 minutes.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Activity log.