JT's run of our diagnostic tools package against the Standard XML static output revealed thousands of errors, most falling into a few categories, which I've been addressing today:
- rs/@target was assumed to be pointing at ORGS1.xml, but it could equally point to PERS1 or BIBL1. Fixed.
- The obsolete facsimile pointers to images in the old tiled map display were not pointing at anything concrete. I've bitten the bullet and removed all of those references, along with pointers to them from elsewhere in the same file, and commented out resulting empty facsimile elements.
- File + fragment pointers were being handled wrongly, with just '.xml' appended to them. I've fixed that.
- The @change attribute on person elements (relating to their "publication status") only makes sense in the context of the PERS1.xml file, where they point to a specific change element; I'm now removing them where person elements are copied to another file.
- Many files had actual errors that hadn't been caught before; I've fixed a lot of those manually.
I'm now building and validating various parts of the static process before I run the diagnostics again on the results.