MJ, working on the Coldesp dollar to relieve me, is going to be looking at the old Graves and Abstracts sites and migrating them to a modern Cocoon/eXist, each in a separate one, for deployment on Lettuce. Today I tried for the first time to build eXist/Cocoon again since the stable 1.4 forked, and found a pile more problems that I had to solve -- mainly jars.xml issues, which I was able to fix by creating my own patch XSLT file that's run after the one packaged in eXist. After a couple of hours I got it working, and posted a working Cocoon/eXist on lancenrd for MJ to download. It's down to 59MB.
The eXist on Mustard isn't responding to anything except XQuery; no client seems to be available, or JNLP. I guess we'll have to recreate the db in the new setup.