ASLE major update to content and submission forms
Heard back from RP with requests for updating much of the content for the ASLE site, which I did.
Also had to implement five submission forms (one for each type of presentation). Did that with call to php page which checks for valid data and then if everything is OK uses the mail function to send results on to email address. If there are problems with the input data, then php presents a page with errors and suggested fixes and tells user to use back button to go back and fix mistakes. Very limited error-checking (other than for malicious code) so it should be very rare that anyone's data is not accepted. It would be an improvement if I did the error checking client-side on js rather than server-side in php. Also gave some thought to doing the whole thing in AJAX, but both (especially the latter) are probably overkill for this project.
Got it done in time for an announcement they wanted to make in conjunction with some other event going on.