Apollodorus E 1.1-2.14
1.1 - ok
1.2 - Add event "Theseus kills Sciron by throwing him into the sea" (characters: Theseus, Sciron (2). It is actually mentioned in 1.2 and at the beginning of 1.3, where in the latter case it is properly cited) "event/character/citation"
- Personal note: Scironian rocks are in Megarian territory
1.3 - ok
1.4 - Add event "After killing Damastes, Theseus goes to Athens" (character: Theseus, place: Athens)
1.5 - ok
1.6 - ok
1.7 - Add event "Theseus volunteers to be sent as tribute to the Minotaur" (characters: Theseus, Minotaur, place: Crete. This is a 2nd possibility to him being sent involuntarily as part of the 3rd tribute according to the text)
1.8 - ID2648-2649, Adiadne offers to help Theseus through the labyrinth if he marries her (add character: Daedalus, possibly change to "...if he marries her and carries her away to Athens"?) "event/character/citation"
- ID894, ibid (ibid) "event/place"
1.9 - Add event "Theseus is given a clue to find the exit to the labyrinth" (character: Theseus, place: Crete)
1.10 - ok
1.11 - ok
1.12 - ok
1.13 - ID2669-2670, Icarus flies too high and dies, but Daedalus arrives in Sicily (ought we to break this into two separate events, since in "event/place" tab they cite the place as Camicus in Sicily but Icarus dies in the sea which they named the Icarian sea after him? If so, there is already a place in the database called "Icarion sea", is this the same place and is it the correct spelling? Please check this) "event/character/citation"0
- ID901, ibid (ibid) "event/place"
1.14 - ID902, Minos pursues Daedalus, offering a reward to anyone… (place cited is: Crete, but he searches "in every country", so should we omit this event from "event/place" tab?) "event/place"
1.15 - ok
1.16 - ID1647, Antiope (1) is mortal mother of Hippolytus (3) (add another record for Melannipe & Hippolyte as mortal mother of Hippolytus (3), as text says "Antiope, or as some say, Melanippe; but Simonides calls her Hippolyte") "character/character/citation"
- ID2678-2679, Theseus joins the expedition against the Amazons and carries of Antiope (add characters: Hercules, Melanippe, Hippolyte) "event/character/citation"
- ID905, ibid (place is "-UNSPECIFIED-", but text says that he joined Hercules in the expedition, which in our database under ID459, "Hercules and some volunteers, on their way to get Hippolyte's belt…" cites the place as Paros. Ought we to change this place to Paros? Please look into this) "event/place"
1.17 - ID2667, Hippolyte is spouse of Theseus (this doesn't belong in 1.17, remove) "character/character/citation"
- ID2674/ID2758, Hippodamia (4) is spouse of Pirithous (2), and vice versa (not cited in 1.17, remove these records' citations from 1.17) "character/character/citation"
- ID2681-2682, Antiope threatens to kill the guests of Theseus' wedding… (add character: Phaedra) "event/character/citation"
1.18 - ID27, Demophon (2) is in group "Trojan War" (he is not explicitly cited as participating in this chapter) "group/character/citation"
1.19 - ID2687-2689, Theseus believes Phaedra and asks to Poseidon for help (change to "…prays to Poseidon for help") "event/character/citation"
- The myth of Hippolytus takes place in Athens so far, but here Frazer inserts a footnote stating that Euripides and others claim it to have taken place in Troezen, while Seneca places it in Athens. Ought we to add citations for Troezen as a possible place for the tragedy of Hippolytus? As for where he was when Poseidon sent a bull to kill him, it is cited as -UNSPECIFIED-, is there anything to look into here or is it never mentioned exactly where it is?
1.20 - ID913, Ixion attempted to force himself on Hera and she told Zeus (cite this in "event/character/citation" tab with characters: Hera, Zeus, Ixion. Also, place is cited as "Nowhere", but is this in Heaven? Please verify this) "event/place"
- ID914, Zeus made a cloud in the likeness of Hera and laid it beside Ixion (place is cited as "Nowhere", change to Heaven?) "event/place"
- ID915, Ixion boasts about his encounter with Hera, Zeus binds him to a wheel (ibid., also cite this in "event/character/citation" tab with characters: Hera, Zeus, Ixion.) "event/place"
1.21 - ok
1.22 - ok
1.23 - ID6, Aethra is in group "Trojan War" (not explicitly mentioned in 1.23) "group/character/citation"
- ID2728-2729, The Dioscuri, Lacedaemonians and Arcadians capture Athens… (add characters: Castor, Pollux) "event/character/citation"
1.24 - ID2743-2744, Lycomedes throws Theseus down an abyss and kills him (add character: Menestheus) "event/character/citation"
- Add event "Hercules sends Theseus from Hades to Athens" (characters: Hercules, Theseus, place: Athens)
- ID2743-2744, Lycomdedes throws Theseus down an abyss and kills him (add to "event/place" tab with place: Athens? Is this correct?) "event/character/citation"
2.1 - ID929, Tantalus is punished because he told the mysteries of the gods… (place is "-UNSPECIFIED-" but text says "Tantalus is punished in Hades", change place to Hades?) "event/place"
2.2 - ok
2.3 - ok
2.4 - ID2750-2751, events are blank (characters cited are: Oenomaus (1), Hippodamia (3). Is this event supposed to say something like "Oenomaus did not allow his daughter to marry and failed to persuade her to live with him"?) "event/character/citation"
- ID932, ibid (ibid) "event/place"
2.5 - ID937, Oenomaus pursues, overtakes and kills each suitor (place is "Pisa", but text says "[the suitor and Hippodamia] flee as far as the Isthmus of Corinth", change place to Isthmus?) "event/place"
2.6 - ok
2.7 - ok
2.8 - note: Myrtoan Sea is at Cape Geraestus
2.9 - Add event "Pelops reaches the Ocean and is cleansed by Hephaestus" (characters: Pelops, Hephaestus) "event/character/citation"
2.10 - ok
2.11 - ok
2.12 - ok
2.13 - ok
2.14 - Frazer's footnote #1 states that Thyestes' daughter is Pelopia. Adding her to the database would make clear the incestuous relationship where she bears Aegisthus, but Apollodorus doesn't explicitly mention her by name. Ought we to add her?
- ID956, An oracle tells Thyestes to beget a son with his own daughter (text says "Thyestes inquired of the oracle", does this mean we can infer that it was at Delphi? Place is "-UNSPECIFIED-") "event/place"