Apollodorus 3.14-3.16.2 (End)
3.13.1 - ok
3.13.2 - Add citation in "group/character/citation" tab for Peleus and Eurytion under "Boar hunt"?
- ID4075-4076, Peleus goes to the Calydonian boar with Eurytion (change to "Peleus and Eurytion go to hunt the Calydonian boar"?) "event/character/citation"
3.13.3 - ID2683, Astydamia (3) is spouse of Acastus (add vice versa) "character/character/citation"
3.13.4 - ok
3.13.5 - ID1328, Priam comes to throne after Hercules captures Ilium (doesn't belong in 3.13.5) "event/place"
3.13.6 - ID4139-4141, Peleus brings the child to Chiron, who feeds him inside wide beasts… (correct spelling to "…who feeds him the insides of wild beasts"?) "event/character/citation"
3.13.7 - Add citation in "group/character/citation" tab for Castor and Pollux under "Dioscori"?
3.13.8 - ID53, Neoptolemus is in group "Trojan War" (please verify this, shouldn't it be Achilles instead? Text says: "And in that way Achilles went to Troy.") "group/character/citation"
- Add event "In a quarrel over a game of dice Patroclus kills Clitonymus" (characters: Patroclus (2), Clitonymus, place: Opus)
- Add event "Patroclus flees Opus with his father to live as a minion of Achilles at Peleus' house" (characters: Patroclus (2), Menoetius (2), Achilles, place: Unknown or wherever Peleus' house may be, Pelion maybe? Please check)
3.14.1 - ok
3.14.2 - ID1568-1572, character Agralaus (1) ought to be spelled "Agraulus" instead, and since Agraulus had a daughter by the same name who is already entered as Agraulus (2) these entries should all be Agraulus (1). "character/character/citation"
- ID1568, Agralaus (1) is mortal mother of Erysichthon (this is cited twice, with this one having incorrect spelling, delete this record?) "character/character/citation"
3.14.3 - ID957, Tithonus (2) is mortal father of Phaeton (his name should be spelled "Phaethon", who is not mentioned in the database so we need to add this character and correct this entry) "character/character/citation"
- ID958, Phaeton is mortal father of Astynous (ibid) "character/character/citation"
- ID4237-4239, Orsedice, Laogore, and Braesia die in Egypt (additional information "Orsedice, Laogore, and Braesia, by the wrath of Aphrodite, live with foreigners and die in Egypt", and add character: Aphrodite) "event/character/citation"
- Add event "Megassares rules Hyria" (character: Megassares, place: Hyria)
- Add event "Pygmalion rules Cyprus" (character: Pygmalion, place: Cyprus)
3.14.4 - ID4281, Athena, being a virgin, pulls herself away from Hephaestus' grasp (doesn't belong in 3.14.4) "event/character/citation"
- Add event "Thias rules Assyria" (character: Thias, place: Assyria)
3.14.5 - ok
3.14.6 - ID2612, Zeuxippe is spouse of Pandion (2) (add vice versa) "character/character/citation"
- Add relationship Cecrops (1) is mortal father of Pandrosus "character/character/citation"
- ID1525, Praxithea (2) is mortal mother of Pandion (2) (this Praxithea is a Naiad nymph, should it not say "god mother" instead?) "character/character/citation"
- Add event "Erichthonius expels Amphictyon from Attica" (characters: Erichthonius (2), Amphictyon, place: Attica)
3.14.7 - ID4322, blank event "event/character/citation"
- Add event "Dionysus gives Icarius the gift of a vine branch for welcoming him to Attica and teaches him how to make wine" (characters: Dionysus, Icarius (3)) "event/character/citation"
- Add event "Icarius gives wine to shepherds, who become intoxicated and kill him thinking that he bewitched them" (character: Icarius (3)) "event/character/citation"
- Add event "Erigone discovers her father's burial by the help of his dog, Maera and hangs herself over his grave" (character: Erigone (1)) "event/character/citation"
3.14.8 - ID2611, Pandion (2) is spouse of Zeuxippe (add vice versa) "character/character/citation"
- ID276, Zeuxippe is in group "Naiad nymph" (although she is mentioned in 3.14.8, she is not mentioned explicitly as a nymph. She was added to this group in 3.14.6 anyways) "group/character/citation"
- ID1466, Procne and Philomena get caught in Daulia and pray… (place cited is "Attica", but text says: "…at Daulia in Phocis", should we change the place to reflect this?) "event/place"
3.15.1 - Add relationship Pandion is mortal father Erechtheus "character/character/citation"
3.15.2 - Add event "Hercules kills Zetes and Calais" (characters: Hercules, Zetes, Calais) "event/character/citation"
- ID653, Zetes and Calais chase the Harpies (character cited is "Aellopusm", which I could not find anywhere. In Apollod. 1.2 the harpies are mentioned as Aello and Ocypete, but in 1.9.21, where ID652-54 which cite Aello, Aellopusm, and Ocypete (1) are also cited Apollodorus says that: "So the Harpies were pursued and one of them fell into the river Tigres in Peloponnese, the river that is now called Harpys after her; some call her Nicothoe, but others Aellopus." Does this mean that we should add Aellopus/Nicothoe to the database as a Harpy? More importantly, this record needs to be corrected to "Aellopus" if this is the case.) "event/character/citation"
3.15.3 - ok
3.15.4 - ID643-644, Argonauts go to Salmydessus, blind Phineus (these records don't belong in 3.15.4, move to 3.15.3 instead) "event/character/citation"
- ID4450-4451, blank events (characters cited are: Boreas, Phineus (1), delete these records?) "event/character/citation"
- ID4466, Eumolpos tries to rape… (correct spelling to "Eumolpus tries to rape…") "event/character/citation"
- ID1492, ibid (ibid) "event/place"
- ID4478-4480, Upon Ismaros's death, Eumolpus goes back to Tegyrios (correct spelling to latinized "Ismarus" & "Tegyrius") "event/character/citation"
- ID1497, ibid (ibid) "event/place"
3.15.5 - ID4494-4495, Erechtheus kills Eumolpus in battle (these records don't belong in 3.15.5, move to 3.15.4) "event/character/citation"
- ID4510, Pylas goes to Pelopponnese and founds the city of Pylus (correct spelling to "Peloponnese") "event/character/citation"
3.15.6 - ok
3.15.7 - ID4542, Aegeus, puzzled by the oracle, sets out for Athens (doesn't belong in 3.15.7, move to 3.15.6) "event/character/citation"
- ID1585, ibid (ibid) "event/place"
- ID4558-4559, Androgeus wins the games at the Panathenian festival (record is repeated twice, delete one?) "event/character/citation"
3.15.8 - Add relationship Pandion (4) is mortal father of Nisus "character/character/citation"
- Add character Geraestus to group "Cyclopes" "group/character/citation"
- What is the distinction between the group "Cyclops" and "Cyclopes"? Cyclops has 1 character, Polyphemus (1), while Cyclopes contains 3 characters, Arges, Brontes, and Steropes.
3.16.1 - ok
3.16.2 - ID4626, Periphetes, lame in one leg, carries an iron club to hit the passers-by (doesn't belong in 3.16.2, move to 3.16.1) "event/character/citation"
- ID1622, ibid (ibid) "event/place"