Got EC set up and working with svn, and doing basic linking from the VT doc to the references. Worked with CC to do a bunch of layout fixes for the VT text, which is looking a lot better; we found a block of badly-encoded rubbish right at the end, though, which we started on, and which CC will finish.
Category: "Activity log"
CC provided a list of rendering issues in a lot of documents, which I've worked through. In the process, I've fixed some XSLT and CSS, abstracted some rendering rules into rendition elements for the longer documents, and done a lot of clean-up. All reported problems are I think fixed, but there are more to come. There's also more rationalization of styles that could be done on Espines and Maladies.
Added handlers for marginal labels in the normalized text (they show up always on the left, leaving the page numbers unencumbered on the right). Standardized all the marg labels in the Ville Thierry, and fixed a bunch of issues with untyped fws in Le Bon Mariage. Tested a freshly-built version of the site in the brand-new eXist 3.3.
EC is joining the team. Set up access to svn, and a time/place for initial training next week.
Using the real copy of Le Bon Mariage, I've checked the TOCs I created and made some adjustments, as well as fixing a pile of other style problems with marginal labels and forme works. That one is looking pretty good now.
Mariage didn't have any handling for the legacy URLs of documents which have been out in the wild for a decade. I've now fixed that, with a redirect.xql modelled on the Scancan one. I've also incorporated the same detailed SVN info into the footer that MoEML has.
Fixed two bugs: gravures when mixed with other docs were not being sorted correctly, and accented characters were not being accounted for in the sort routine.
Many filenames are in English because I created them, and they should be in French. Did a first round of renaming (the simplest ones) and dealt with links and other fallout today; will start tackling the more complicated stuff next week. Also fixed a bug with the eXist app so it now delivers the zipped corpus with the correct content-type.
Debugged, tested and deployed the corpus generation code, with an additional feature which generates separate text corpuses for each genre. New version deployed to eXist. Getting closer...
Added the build target that creates the downloadable zip with a corpus.xml and a primarySource.txt inside, the one being the complete corpus, the other being only the plain-text content of the text of primary source document transcriptions. That now seems to be working OK. In the process I discovered that there are still some issues with missing hashes in the @rendition attributes of
<zone> elements in the image markup docs. Ideally I'll fix that in the original source files and then fix any fallout resulting from it in the static build.