Borrow HCMC Equipment
The HCMC can let you borrow some of our equipment for short term use. This is not a primary part of our mandate, but if you have a short-term need for a piece of our equipment that we are not otherwise using, we may be able to let you borrow it. We can also help put you in touch with other offices on campus that provide equipment for hire.
Equipment Typically Available to Borrow
This list is neither exhaustive, nor is it necessarily the case that a piece of equipment listed here will be available when you need it.
- digital video camera
- digital still camera (SLR)
- dvd player (multi-zone)
- vcr player (PAL/NTSC)
- 30" TV
- video data projector
How to Borrow Equipment from HCMC
We provide this service as a convenience to members of the Faculty of Humanities. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible, as we typically are not able to provide equipment instantly on demand, nor do we provide technical support on demand when you have the equipment. If you are interested in borrowing a piece of our equipment:
- Contact HCMC Reception (Judy Nazar), who will take the details of your request, such as what equipment you need, when you need it, where you will be using it, who will be using it and so on.
- We'll then do our best to provide what you want, and will let you know what we can do.
- In advance of the loan date, we'll confirm that you know how to use the equipment for the intended purpose, and allow (or require that) you practice with it.
- On the loan date, you'll come down to our office (CLE B043) to sign out the equipment and remove it. You are liable for any damage to, or theft of, any equipment you've borrowed.
- At the end of the loan, you return the equipment to us and let us know if the equipment needs any attention before its next use (recharge batteries, cleaning, etc.) or any problems you had using the equipment.