The Image Markup Tool version 22.214.171.124 has been released. This is a minor bugfix release. See the Update page for more details.
Working at home on a personal project, I've found a bug in the way IMT handles the content of annotation titles (which are
<head> elements). When reading
<head> elements which contain mixed content, a space character preceding an element node is eliminated. I pinned it down and fixed it, and I've created a new release, but I'll test it at home before I release it finally.
They can read and write themselves from a QDomDocument, and seem to be working well. Next, I need to polish up the test application so that it works as a demo of that module of the real app, which means installing some more filtering features (sorting works already, but filtering on any of the values in the fields would be great).
Added transcriptional attribute, and tested sorting with QSortFilterProxyModel.
...in that I can add a link and have it show up in the connected QTableView. We're moving forward. Must remember to add the link subtype field to ImtLink, though.
Began fleshing out the ImtLinkSet class, after some trouble deciding whether to base it off QAbstractTableModel or QStandardItemModel, and whether to keep the links in a QMap or QHash (chose the former in both cases). It compiles, but doesn't have enough functionality for testing yet.
I'm still unsure about QMap; it may be that a simple QList with some lookup functions would be way better in the end.
After some experimentation, I realized my link setup was far too complicated, so I've thrown it away and started again, based on what I've learned from my home project. I've now rewritten ImtLink, and all links will be handled by a single ImtLinkSet class which will descend from QAbstractTableModel (not yet started). The end result should be much simpler, and easier to plug into the GUI.
One thing I've learned from my home project GVT is that your core data model really should descend from an QT abstract model, and not anything else, so I've started converting the top-level link-handling class, ImtLinkGrpSet, to a descendant of QAbstractTableModel. This involves re-implementing inherited functions from ImtElement, and implementing the core virtual functions from the table model. It's about half done, with one outstanding difficulty.
Interview with MT to complete a questionnaire from which she'll build a wireframe model. This was useful, and helped me to clarify a couple of ideas I haven't been sure about. I'm going to detail them here while they're fresh in my mind:
A couple of bugfixes and enhancements have been made to the Image Markup Tool, resulting in the release of version 126.96.36.199. These are the changes:
The new version is available from the IMT website.
Did some work on the old IMT to create a new release, adding a feature for MB:
<graphic>tag pointing to it, either just by file name or by relative path.
The latter two fix some annoyances that have been bugging me for a while. Also updated the documentation date, and sent the package out to MB for testing.
Started adding some doxygen documentation to the code for the XML editor. This is a way of getting back into the project after a few weeks break.
The Image Markup Tool is a Windows application for annotating images, using TEI XML as its data format. Our aim is to produce a tool which creates conformant TEI P5 XML files, but which has a simple enough interface that it can be used by people with little or no experience in editing XML code.