30/11/17

Permalink 11:41:14 am, by sarneil, 135 words, 6 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 30

LimeSurvey as plan B for survey

If FluidSurvey isn't viable, we're looking at LimeSurvey.org I've emailed to see if their hosting is on non-American servers. If we decide to host ourselves, their specifications are: - MySQL 5.5.3 or later OR Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later OR Postgres 9 or later. - Minimum PHP 5.5.9 or later; however, we recommend PHP 7.0.0+ with the following modules/libraries enabled: - mbstring (Multibyte String Functions) extension library. - PDO database driver for MySQL (pdo_mysql or pdo_mysqli) or Postgres (pdo_pgsql) or MSSQL (pdo_sqlsrv for Windows and pdo_dblib for Linux). - Also, we assume in general that all PHP default libraries are enabled (like hash, session etc.). Full details at: https://manual.limesurvey.org/Installation_-_LimeSurvey_CEMinimum 180 MB disk space. Our production environment does not meet those requirements, but the webserver2 environment does.

27/11/17

Permalink 04:43:38 pm, by mholmes, 53 words, 6 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 75

Meeting and plans

Reviewed CC's Kula submission. At the meeting we agreed to hire EC to run the survey, and SA will work with her to get it set up. Emails will come from an address we set up for the project. Talked about the DHSI 2019 plan; we'll finalize it at our next meeting on Dec 18.

30/10/17

Permalink 04:43:09 pm, by mholmes, 34 words, 9 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

Project meeting; submission of abstract

Monthly project meeting; submitted DPASSH abstract to SM at Kula, and they are interested, so SA and I will expand it into a full article after the TEI conference is out of the way.

25/09/17

Permalink 05:13:07 pm, by mholmes, 47 words, 10 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

Project meeting

With key people absent we didn't have a lot to talk about, but top of the list was updating the OAC website, and revisiting our grant application to make sure we're going to be able to meet all our promised outputs in terms of presentations and publications.

18/08/17

Permalink 04:41:29 pm, by mholmes, 22 words, 18 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 120

Expenses form

Finally got around to doing the expenses form from the conference; now it's ready to sign, but there's no-one to sign it.

06/07/17

Permalink 03:45:40 pm, by mholmes, 56 words, 20 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 240

Diagnostics code now working on Windows

A long and tortuous debugging task has enabled me to get the diagnostics working on Windows without breaking it on the other OSes (I hope). The only thing not working is the popup dialog box OUTSIDE the Oxygen environment. We may never get that working, but if I could figure it out I'd be happy to.

05/07/17

Permalink 04:50:10 pm, by mholmes, 78 words, 24 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

JS bringing data to the project

SA and I met with JS, who's going to prepare an archive from his lab's work over the past few years, with a view to passing it to the Library. It's a collection of lots of different types of thing, but I don't see any real challenges to archiving; there is a WordPress site, so we will get to test the WordPress static output plugin on a real project. Looking forward to discussing this with the Library folks.

30/06/17

Permalink 02:26:38 pm, by mholmes, 16 words, 14 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 120

Finished first draft of presentation

First draft of mine and JT's presentation done; JT will now take a look through it.

28/06/17

Permalink 10:52:42 pm, by jtakeda, 21 words, 21 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

Endings mtg

Logging hours for Endings mtg yesterday, which was mostly about the survey. Will meet with CC this Friday to discuss flights.

13/06/17

Permalink 04:20:14 pm, by jtakeda, 101 words, 23 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 105

DH17 Paper (Mapping STC)

Met with JJ and TLG today to go over the paper abstract and plan out what we need to do for the DH paper. We've decided to do an even smaller section of Cornhill than previously thought and will attempt to crossreference through a variety of means. What we want is a very small proof of concept with some visuals for the presentation and not anything close to a working prototype.

We will be meeting again on Friday to finish getting all of the data into the right forms and then I will begin work on cross-referencing against the TCP/ESTC.

:: Next Page >>

Endings

Blog for the SSHRC-funded Endings project, 2016-2020

Reports

XML Feeds