Permalink 04:43:47 pm, by jtakeda, 41 words, 22 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 30

Discussing prefixDefs

Discussed prefixDef with JJ, who was on board with the idea. We can't implement this just yet, however, as it's a big encoding decision, documentation problem, and it means that we are committed to be completely disassociated from the live site.


Permalink 06:08:35 pm, by jtakeda, 139 words, 23 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 240


Until now, MoEML's prefixDefs pointed to the live site to resolve the pointer (i.e. mol:BLAH became http://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/BLAH) to preserve ease of linking within nested folder structures. With the static build, however, all pointers can be resolved locally, since the files are flattened. I've now changed the prefixDefs for most of the pointers in MoEML so that they resolve to something local. The only issue is how we point to calendars in @datingMethod. Currently, we use 'mol:julianSic', which resolves to http://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/julianSic.htm--that doesn't exist. So we'll likely need a new prefixDef (molcal or something like that) that resolves to:


Permalink 04:39:45 pm, by jtakeda, 40 words, 14 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 240

Fixing @source/@change

@source and @change weren't being handled properly throughout the builds. Fixed those and have the number of bad links in the standard down from a few thousand to 87. Hopefully it can be near zero by the end of the week.
Permalink 10:09:08 am, by jtakeda, 27 words, 19 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 180

Pointers in Static Build

Working from home, I made progress on fixing some of the broken pointers in all XML versions. Most are to do with @change/@source in DB files.


Permalink 04:47:08 pm, by mholmes, 75 words, 18 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 120

REME2 now done except for metadata

AR finished REME2 CSS, so I went through and cleaned up a bit, moving some definitions to rendition elements, clearing up some tagging confusion, and moving some labels around a bit. In the process, I added the option to provide explicit style on page-break hrs by adding a rendition element in the header with xml:id="[FILEID]_pb". This will be very handy for Stow. Waiting on some metadata and proofing before we can publish.


Permalink 10:49:52 am, by mholmes, 90 words, 18 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

Enabling Google Maps API for dev sites

API project 523327615704 in my Google Control Panel has the API key for Google Maps; it previously had only mapoflondon.uvic.ca registered, but I've now also registered the jenkins server and the new mapoflondon6 dev domain, and uncommented the relevant JS; we'll see how that works when everything filters through the build process. I'll have to deploy a new XAR of MoEML to the test location at some point, but I'm making a few other changes today so I'll wait. Did some other fixes to stub documents and publication statuses.


Permalink 05:04:57 pm, by mholmes, 22 words, 17 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log, Tasks; Mins. worked: 20

Bug to fix

All pages have "Cite this page", even though listings pages and search results (for instance) aren't really citable, and the link fails.


Permalink 01:55:19 pm, by mholmes, 49 words, 14 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

Created a dates.xml document

Our popup date information in the static build points to an explanatory page which is supposed to be at mol:dates, but no such file was there. I've created a basic stub with a couple of links, not yet published, but it will do the job for the moment.


Permalink 04:52:12 pm, by mholmes, 85 words, 20 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

Working on indexes and search

I'm still trying to figure out how important it is to have exact phrase match searches working, and what the cost would be. Stopwords prevent exact phrase matches from working with the current lucene index (when the phrase contains a stopword, which it usually does); configuring other indexes just to allow this seems overkill. It may be that the way we're doing things now is fine -- although I notice that the minus sign does not work, so there's something I have to fix there.


Permalink 02:35:23 pm, by mholmes, 190 words, 58 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 180

Cleanup of old code; fixes for Standard XML rendering; more bugfixes

JT's run of our diagnostic tools package against the Standard XML static output revealed thousands of errors, most falling into a few categories, which I've been addressing today:

  • rs/@target was assumed to be pointing at ORGS1.xml, but it could equally point to PERS1 or BIBL1. Fixed.
  • The obsolete facsimile pointers to images in the old tiled map display were not pointing at anything concrete. I've bitten the bullet and removed all of those references, along with pointers to them from elsewhere in the same file, and commented out resulting empty facsimile elements.
  • File + fragment pointers were being handled wrongly, with just '.xml' appended to them. I've fixed that.
  • The @change attribute on person elements (relating to their "publication status") only makes sense in the context of the PERS1.xml file, where they point to a specific change element; I'm now removing them where person elements are copied to another file.
  • Many files had actual errors that hadn't been caught before; I've fixed a lot of those manually.

I'm now building and validating various parts of the static process before I run the diagnostics again on the results.

<< Previous Page :: Next Page >>

Map Of London

This project allows literary and scholarly works (primary and secondary) to be associated with locations in London, providing the reader with a richer understanding of the works.


XML Feeds