Wrote the code to figure out if any of the fields in the previous area of each record have non-default values, and if so, to display an 'expand the previous history details' area for this record.
Decided to structure each report record into 4 lines:
- always-visible fields
- patient and examiner details
- exam details
- previous history details
Modified the expand/contract controllers and added new ones so the user can:
- expand or contract the patient details for one record or for all records
- expand or contract the exam details for one record or for all records
- expand or contract the history details for one record or for all records
- expand or contract all details for one record or for all records
Those controls occupy 1/3 of the the always-visible space for each record, but I can't think of a more compact way of presenting the controls.
Also discovered a couple of instance of the dreaded "=" where it should be "==". Greg was the extra pair of eyes that helped me spot that error.
Sent MH an email asking him to review.
Made a lot of modifications to the search.php file to accommodate changes in the fields we care about:
added variables for observation, disorder, remedy, bath, residential_care and commented out condition, treatment, facility
modified $query variable based on those changes to fields we care about
modified $left_join variable based on changes to fields we care about
modified $where variable based on changed to fields we care about
Querying appears to work successfully, reports sensible number of hits, but actual reporting is a mess until I rewrite the code which generates the results table to reflect the newly created and deleted variables.
Met with MH to go over changes we need to make in the search and report interface to reflect the changes that have been made in the database and in the add and edit record pages.
He wants in the query part a section on "patient and practioner" a section on "examination" a section on "date".
He wants in the report part a few fields to appear by default, a way to expand details on the current examination, a separate way to expand details on previous history details, and a third way to expand details on all fields.
MH asked to be able to search on a number of new fields. I looked into the implications of that (listed below) and sent him an email asking for clarification before I start changing code.
We are deprecating these fields in the database:
On the Search interface, there is currently a field for "Treatment" which searches all four of the treatment field in the database. Suggest we eliminate the Treatment field from the search interface.
We added a number of new fields to the database:
I need MH input on
- which of these new fields to be able to search?
- what elements to add to the search interface and how do those elements relate to the fields?
To be specific:
1) able to search for those records which have the "previous_food_rest" checkbox checked or not. If so, we'd likely add an item in the search interface called "previous food rest" and which could have the values "yes", "no", "all".
2) similar question to above for the previous_exam_noted checkbox
3) similar question to above for the previous_complex_treatment checkbox
4a) "disorder_1" field in the database to be searchable?
4b) "disorder_2" field in the database to be searchable?
4c) If both, then one item in the search interface which searches them both (similar to how the treatment interface now works) or a separate item in the interface for each?
5a) "previous_bath" field in the database to be searchable?
5b) "bathing" field in the database to be searchable?
5c) If both, then one item in the search interface which searches them both (similar to how the treatment interface now works) or a separate item in the interface for each?
6) similar questions to above for "previous_residential_care" and "residential_care" fields in the database
7) similar questions to above for "previous_remedy", "remedy_1" and "remedy_2" fields in the database
Created renmedical/sampleGUI/index.htm to show list of 18 records each of which consists of a text title, a small image of a page, the transcript, the translation of the transcript and a notes box. Each box is collapsible to just the text title.
I did one instance with divs and one with tables. Having a hard time getting the decorative effects (e.g. bounding rectangles) to appear properly in the div-based one because of course the two elements on the right hand side are floated so aren't considered graphically "inside" their containing object in the DOM. I've had this headache before.
Made about a dozen modifications to the edit and add pages to include additional values for a number of fields and to remove values from certain other fields.
Also investigated report that submission of record to database wasn't working, but couldn't reproduce the problem and ZS then reported everything was fine.
This project will create an xml-based database of medical exam reports from the 16th through 19th centuries in Germany. The database will allow researchers to query medical practices in that time and to infer changes in the administration of medical care and other social changes.
|<< <||> >>|