Checked hours worked, backed-up everything new to the server.
Captured Penelhum, Hockey and Parker.
Handbraked Skal, Barber, McGann, and Penelhum.
Worked on transcribing Feeney.
Greg rebuilt the computer, and we had to figure out new presets for HandBrake. We set it at 640 width for archive, and 480 for web versions, with no anamorphic. Tried exporting Hockey under these conditions to see how that would go.
Reviewed my old notes from October, the settings we talked about using were: MP4s, H264, any bit-rate, 2-pass encoding, 30 fps, and 768x576 for archive. For web, deinterlace on fast, anamorphic "none", keep aspect ratio, 320x240, 15 fps. Although all these numbers were our first try, and may have been adapted as the project progressed.
I checked the status of my work since December and Greg fixed my handbrake problems.
I re-exported Nepveu and produced web and archive versions of it.
I made web and archive versions of Jones and Shkandrij.
I borrowed 5 tapes from the library, due next Tuesday.
I captured, edited and exported McGann and Barber. Captured Penelhum.
Braeburn has been acting up a lot, so I have double checked my back-ups on the server, and Greg has said he will try to rebuild it.
This pilot project which will determine best practices for the digitizing, archiving and publishing of UVic's Lansdowne lecture series. The existing collection, primarily stored on videotape, will be digitized and archived in the first phase. The second phase will address the accessibility of the material to the general UVic population. The intent is to produce a web-based application that will allow users access to all of the lectures produced within the Faculty of Humanities.
|<< <||Current||> >>|