I have completed an image inventory for all the myriad collections we have on file, in a few locations. This can be viewed here as a webpage, which is updated automatically whenever any future changes are made.
One of our existing documents from 1860 was found in CO 305 vol 17 (no other 1860 documents are in there), so KSW has processed the first 20-odd pages of 305/17, and we've added them to the collection, but the rest remain to be done when 1861 is being processed.
526 new images (in three different sizes) have been added to the collection. These cover the Entrybooks of Correspondence for BC, 1858-1861. They are currently being linked into the transcription documents.
2382 new images to go up, and I realized I hadn't previously documented the changed paths resulting from the change from the old Rutabaga to the new DS hardware. Here's the command now: log into nfs.tapor.uvic.ca, go to /home1t/coldesp/www, and run:
rsync --stats --recursive --times --delete --verbose -e ssh jpg_scans/ "email@example.com:/volume1/homes/mholmes/Colonial\ Despatches/www/jpg_scans/"
Three new sets of page-images have now been added to the collection:
In all, 2382 new images have been added (at three different sizes, as usual). Substantial updates have also been made to the document markup for 1860, and additions have been made to the biographies and the place database. (All this good work is of course Kim's; my role is just to integrate all the changes into the database, make backups, update the information pages on the site, etc.)
Retrieved ytd stats from Megapode.
The Colonial Despatches is an XML database project which is creating a digital archive containing the original correspondence between the British Colonial Office and the colonies of Vancouver Island and British Columbia. The project lives at http://bcgenesis.uvic.ca, and the web application runs on the Pear dev Tomcat. The XML data is managed in SVN at http://revision.tapor.uvic.ca/svn/coldesp/.
|<< <||Current||> >>|