Removed a browser restriction on the VicFire 1891 map

15/03/12

Permalink 10:39:32 am, by mholmes, 104 words, 104 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 30

Removed a browser restriction on the VicFire 1891 map

There's one special map that uses SVG for its interface, and which was originally working only on FF; DB had put a complete block on other browsers, but now most of them support SVG so I've removed that block. Browsers that don't support SVG should get with the program. Committed that change to SVN, but I was unable to commit the bulk of my additions (code which was not originally in SVN, but should have been) because we ran out of disk space on revision.tapor.uvic.ca. We'll be switching to the new SVN on Monday, so hopefully this problem will be solved.

Pingbacks:

No Pingbacks for this post yet...

viHistory

viHistory is a web site that is a teaching, learning and research tool. It's principally about the history of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, but it is also a vehicle for exploring the larger field of Canadian history during the late 19th and early part of the 20th century. It allows census, directory and tax assessment roll data from the late 19th and early 20th centuries to be searched in many ways. It also incorporates IMaP to display historical maps. The project director is Dr. Patrick A. Dunae.

Reports

Categories

July 2014
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 << <   > >>
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    

XML Feeds