Category: Activity log

05/04/07

Permalink 08:11:02 am, by mholmes, 76 words, 592 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 10

TASK: Tweak to JavaScript for showing notes

I'm presuming I've completed this, because the code is working on all the current browsers...

James C. on the TEI list suggested that clicking again on a note anchor should hide the note that was shown; look at implementing that. Also, the code uses offsetTop to position the note; that's probably a bit too loose, so we need to implement the solution from the Devonshire project, using the findPos() function at the end of this file.

Permalink 08:04:22 am, by mholmes, 86 words, 556 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 20

TASK: Update on the innerHTML issue

I've gradually evolved a policy for handling XHTML and its mime type. We've determined that there's no reliable way to get good results if you serve XHTML as application/xml+xhtml, so unfortunately the policy for the moment is to serve them as text/html using the xhtml11_compat serializer. See the following posts for more background:

I need to check that EMLS is doing that for all pages, and check that the search works OK on all supported browsers.

Permalink 07:52:54 am, by mholmes, 17 words, 593 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 5

Fixed a bad link in the menu

The link to the blog was pointing at the old location instead of the current blog URL.

12/02/07

Permalink 10:46:23 am, by mholmes, 139 words, 824 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 90

Found the cause of a Safari problem

The search page was failing to show results in Safari. Running a search would result in "DOM exception 7", which is "NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR", whenever I the JavaScript tried to set the innerHTML of an element.

This flummoxed me for ages, until I finally figured out that it's caused by the response header of the page. If the page is server as application/xhtml+xml then Safari presumably considers innerHTML inappropriate, since the page is not HTML. If the page is served as text/html, then it works. This is logical, if rather infuriating. For now, I've set the search page to serve as text/html using the xhtml11_compat serializer. I'll now go and investigate ways to use proper DOM methods rather than innerHTML, which is a non-standard hack in any case (although it's supported by all browsers).

30/01/07

Permalink 12:31:08 pm, by mholmes, 15 words, 536 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 20

Discussions with Karin about remaining tasks

Just posting minutes spent looking at what is completed, and discussing what should be done.

Permalink 11:17:00 am, by karin, 16 words, 533 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 5

XML as corpus

Ray requested that a link to grab the entire xml corpus of the archive be added.
Permalink 11:14:46 am, by karin, 23 words, 548 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 5

PDF request

Ray has requested PDF output of each article and issue. Page numbering should be disregarded, as they are not present in the original.

29/01/07

Permalink 04:12:31 pm, by mholmes, 20 words, 594 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 10

Added alternate stylesheet link

Karin's old stylesheet is still on the site, and is now available as an option in the browser View menu.

Permalink 02:14:40 pm, by mholmes, 49 words, 559 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 45

Changes to TOC

Implemented these changes requested by Ray:

  1. Remove the View column, in favour of...
  2. The title of the article should click through to the XHTML version.
  3. Give the XML and Text links a class, so they can be styled small and icon-like.
  4. The Vol/Issue column can simply read Issue.

26/01/07

Permalink 02:19:31 pm, by mholmes, 31 words, 325 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 15

Bits and pieces

Spent a bit of time making minor tweaks for Ray. Added a new task for some stuff which will take a bit longer, and so have to wait till I'm free.

:: Next Page >>

EMLS

This is the blog for the project to create an online repository for the first four volumes of the online journal Early Modern Literary Studies.

Reports

Categories

September 2014
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 << <   > >>
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

XML Feeds