I've now added placename handling to the -ography generation code. In the process, I discovered that the same identifiers have been used for people and places in a number of cases. These will be disambiguated by KT, but in the meantime, I've added traps for them so that the XML file which is generated does not have id collisions. The -ography file is now generated from itself, and can preserve any descriptive data in e.g.
<desc> tags which already exist in the file, while replacing the counts etc.
I've sent detailed instructions to KT on how to use search-and-replace to transition to the use of
<rs> instead of persName, and to a single -ography file from the separate people and places files maintained previously.
Now I'm working on counting speeches and lengths of speeches for each character.
No Pingbacks for this post yet...
This blog is for work done for academic departments which does not fall under other categories.
|<< <||> >>|