The Malahat Review wants to create two pages with special offers for contributors (subscriptions and issues) which connect to the shopping basket as usual. Problem is how to allow a user coming from either of those pages to get back from the basket to either of those pages, but not allow anyone getting to the basket from the normal products pages to get to the special offer pages.
Dept wanted a URL that was associated with the dept site and simpler than the actual conference url on the conferences site
so I created a simple setup in
to redirect to the conference site
I put in an index.htm file with a redirect.
I also created a .htaccess file to catch any other URLs within that folder and redirect them to the home page on the conference site
ErrorDocument 404 http://conferences.uvic.ca/index.php/WCPA/wcpa2012
There is about a half-second lag while the redirect occurs, but I don't think that is long enough to bother your users.
courses_taught.php had the following line:
$professor['kluge'] = array ("208, "331"); //jan-apr
It was missing a quotation mark. I corrected it to look like this:
$professor['kluge'] = array ("208", "331"); //jan-apr
I also tidied up extra spacing and stuff just to make the file easier
for me to read.
1) I modified the detailed information for a single poem
(vpn-single-record.php) so that the "more information" link for the poem
appears only for those poems that have at least one link and not for
those poems that no links. compare
Similarly for the "more information" link on an author.
2) AC's convention for data entry is that if there is more than one link for a poem or an author, each is delimited by a carriage return (e.g Eliza Cook). I've added code on the results page to
look for carriage returns in the links field and create a new link when
it finds one, rather than make all the lines one big link to the first URL. For example, see the information on Cook, Eliza at
3) I've modified the vpn-search-results.php page so that if a poem has more than one author, only one instance of that poem appears in the listing in the search results page, e.g. Hidden Light.
I originally tried pruning out duplicates during the search procedure,
but the introduced a cascade of headaches. Instead, I decided to accept the results including duplicates and then prune any duplicates as they were being displayed and telling the user that's what I'm doing.
The result is that the total number of hits is still reported (e.g. 2 in the case of Hidden Light), and a message is appended saying the number of duplicate entries which are not being displayed (e.g. 1 in the case of Hidden Light). That's so that from the user's perspective the number of items in the listing don't inexplicably go out of sync with the reporting and navigation schemes. For example, if the query returned 12 hits, 2 of which were duplicates, the user would expect to see 10 hits and then 2 hits. If they got 10 and then 1, they'd be puzzled. My hope is that adding a note about hiding the duplicates will resolve the puzzle for them.
This blog is for work done for academic departments which does not fall under other categories.
|<< <||Current||> >>|