Changes to course information for Fall and Spring on SA's instructions.
Had a site update request from SA, and when I went to look at the materials, I realized that the menus weren't showing up on any of the pages. On investigation, discovered that a truly ancient browser-sniffing library was failing, causing the menu creation code to fail. I eliminated it from all pages, and renamed the file as obsolete, and then removed the reference to it in open_menu.js. Tested the results in IE9, FF5, Opera and Chrome, and confirmed that menus are back in all cases, then made the actual change requested.
This site really should be rewritten using PHP includes.
Added rv_changes to the main table, so JW can track changes by research assistants.
Replaced the paperclip icon for linked files with the name of the file itself, at JW's request.
EDIT: This is no longer necessary, as JW has moved the records manually (there were only four).
Did a relatively simple change requested by JW, but there's one more request that's a bit tricky because it involves migrating a field from one table to another, and there are many linked records in other tables:
Move the first option in the ‘Manifesto content’ tab, called “Discourse of king unaware, evil councillors” to the ‘Approach’ tab
This shouldn't be rushed, and I don't have time for it right now.
The basic site layout is now complete, although I have to add some tertiary and external links, and figure out how to put content in the right floating bar.
This blog is for work done for academic departments which does not fall under other categories.
|<< <||Current||> >>|