Wrote a grouping stylesheet at DJB's request, learning a bit more about grouping than I knew before. Almost perfect, but one last bug I don't have time to fix -- there is one extra page and line showing at the top. Maybe DJB can help figure out the last wrinkle.
Completed the presentation on named templates, and wrote another on xsl:key. Then went through the presentations by the other instructors looking for typos, and sent a report back.
I have two remaining presentations to create, named templates and keys. I've made a start on the first. I have to finish both of them tomorrow because the Brown course starts on Wednesday.
Finished the presentation on constructors and committed it to SVN.
Wrote the first half of a presentation on XSLT constructors, and switched the order of constructors and variables in the topic list so that variables are taught first.
Fixed SVG and PNG graphics (removing unnecessary caption); added solutions for tasks in CSS and Predicate presentations; updated XSLT Topics file; fixed a bug in the places.xml file (which I also fixed in the ColDesp repo).
Call just with DB (SB absent) during which we reviewed and edited each other's material and clarified the next batch of homework.
We're ready to go.
Read through the existing materials, and made a plan with GN to integrate some of the stuff I've been writing for the XSLT class to make it a bit more graphically interesting, as well as integrating a second task (taken from the original CASTA presentation).
Progress on the XSLT workshop materials:
Some of the CSS material can be re-purposed in Friday's English 500 class.
Skype call with other presenters, followed by completion of my first full presentation block, on XPath predicates, which also required some tweaking of CSS.
GN and I worked through the existing presentation materials in preparation for Friday's class, and tweaked a few bits, adding screenshots from the lab machines we'll be using, and simplifying some of the schema stuff so it's going to be easier for students to get started with a tei schema.
Finished a CSS cheat sheet, although I'm still not happy with it, and created a series of six illustrations for a presentation, showing the components of a ruleset.
Went to an excellent presentation by Lansdowne Lecturer Mark Olsen, which will probably lead to some project work using ARTFL's text-analysis tools for HC in French.
Did two of a sequence of SVG illustrations we can use to introduce the basics of CSS quickly in the DHSI XSLT course.
Workshop on XHTML and CSS for Hist 516 class.
First handout done.
Long Skype call with SB and DB about the XSLT workshop. Planned the first day in some detail, and divvied up some tasks between us.
This blog is for academic tasks undertaken by HCMC staff, such as writing articles for publication, reviewing abstracts for conferences, preparing and teaching classes, or proofing other people's documents.
|<< <||Current||> >>|