Stew, Martin and Greg discussed the project proposal submission form, which is still not working. The issue was how it should submit itself, and where to. The proposed solution is:
- We create a mySQL user with privileges to insert into the evo_posts and evo_postcats table.
- We create a B2Evo user with the same name (but different pw).
- We create a new category in Admin: "Proposals".
- The form lives on the HCMC website.
- It calls a PHP script which also lives there.
- The script creates an SQL connection to the B2Evo database.
- The script builds an insert to push a post into the evo_posts table. For this, it needs the mySQL user id and pw, and also the ids for the Admin blog and its Proposals and Tasks categories. It includes relevant data for tasks (such as deadline) and assignee (for which it needs Scott's id). The deadline for Scott to respond is one or two weeks from the date of submission.
- The script inserts the post, including the Proposals cat id, and gets the post id back from the db.
- The script then creates two entries in the evo_postcats table linking the post id to each of the category ids.
- Finally, the script sends an email to the submitter giving the location of the Admin blog, where the proposal can be found (perhaps including a filter for Proposals category only).
We then notice the submission on the RSS feeds, and respond as appropriate.
Assigning this to Stew, although I'll provide the relevant details on the B2Evo db as he requires them.
Posting minutes spent in the discussion, and also in documenting the details of the plan.