Archives for: April 2011, 21
10:53:53 am, by mholmes
, 480 words, 56 views
Categories: Activity log
; Mins. worked: 90
Points from the meeting:
- All required network ports are turned on, and will be switched over to the conference VLAN the day before the conference.
- T-shirts are printed, and look good. They're stashed in HCMC.
- Signage: we've agreed on 10 outdoor signs, and we'll circulate a map to agree on where to place them. We'll have to get them printed on something vaguely waterproof; Zap can do that. Indoor signs we'll handle ourselves. MDH will circulate a map next week, and design a generic sign, which we can customize once we know the locations.
- No response from Walmart on phones yet. The phone issue is looking very complicated and expensive, so we resolved not to worry about it; we'll ensure that the two volunteers without phones are next to volunteers who do have them. There are also courtesy phones dotted around the buildings; we can check on the nearest ones from our presentation rooms.
- The splitter issue for PCs is being dealt with. AV have at least three splitters; HCMC has one; and HCMC also has some old graphics cards that might help. If we don't find enough solutions, we can rent splitters from Sharps.
- Video streaming: just streaming over a regular ethernet connection is not likely to be successful, so GN will investigate with AE the possibility of getting the relevant ports switched to a system which can handle the traffic. For audio, AE will also investigate getting a feed from the PA in Bob Wright A104; in the dining room, the best option might be a shotgun mic, which AE can provide. I've written to MS to get details of the camera he's bringing.
- The rented Mac laptops solve one problem for us, but create another: security. We devised a plan for storing them securely during lunchtimes and overnight.
- Temporary ids for wifi logon will be provided as a spreadsheet, which we can print, cut up, and have the registration folks distribute.
- CC will check with Cad Commons to see if we can get keys to lock the presentation rooms (e.g. during lunch), and whether we can also get a key for the little storage room in (we think?) Queenswood.
- For training sessions next week:
- Sessions are in A010.
- PF will make sure that there's at least one PC that's similar to what will be used for the conference rooms available.
- CC will attend, and will bring a Mac laptop and a dongle for it.
- MDH will also bring a Windows laptop (and Linux).
- We will collect: phone numbers and emails of volunteers, and dates/times when they're not available.
- We will distribute: key emergency phone numbers (HCMC, AV, MDH, GN, Help desk, ???).
- We'll have them hook up and unhook PC and Mac a few times, and deal with some obvious problems.
- We will take the volunteers to look at the rooms in Clearihue and in Cad Commons.