1. ES added the xml files for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6.
2. ES added transcripts for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6
3. SA uploaded all the latest changes to the website and all seems to work fine. Thumbnails have to be created for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6.
In the kerfluffle last week with the eXist server and contained webapps, the Francotoile webapp was somehow corrupted. After an hour or two, we got the instance going again, but then discovered that the password for the admin client no longer worked, so we wouldn't be able to update the webapp. Solution was to replace the instance of the webapp on the server with a copy of it on my local machine.
Basic procedure to replace a corrupted instance of a webapp e.g. francotoile
- log in as tapor to tomcat manager on server (peach)
- undeploy webapp
- go back in browser to safe URL (one without undeploy instruction in it)
- ftp in as hcmc to server (peach.hcmc.uvic.ca)
- cd up and down to /usr/local/tomcat-instances/devel/webapps/
- delete old folder
- upload new folder (same name as old folder)
- refresh webapp listing in tomcat manager
- app should appear, click deploy
ES added transcripts for accf3, fraf8, cltf6
1. ES corrected location coordinates for cltf6, aacf3, fraf8
2. ES added transcripts (non annotated) for fraq 7, fraq8, fraq9
ES added about ten new videos and XML data files, so I had to create a thumbnail image for each. I ran each file in the player.xql file, stopped the video, captured a bit of the screen to a png file, edited that to 88x66 px (size that all of them seem to be) added them to the SVN repository, uploaded them to the production site and the copy of the site on my Mac.
While doing that, I noticed extraneous thumbnail files in the images (as opposed to the images/thumbnails) folder, so deleted those from the servers and from the repository.
ES noted that recent changes she'd made weren't appearing on the production site at francotoile.uvic.ca.
I had a connection in the exist admin client that used pear.hcmc.uvic.ca as the domain. I thought that would be dead, but when the connection succeeded, I assumed that domain name was forwarding to the current instance. Wrong. Obviously there is another instance somewhere on "pear" that is still running.
Created a new connection in the admin client using tomcat-devel.hcmc.uvic.ca as the domain and that worked. Also, the webapp in the new instance is francotoile and not francotoile21 as it was in the old instance.
In poking through the files, also noticed a connection string using lettuce.uvic.ca, so changed that to hcmc.uvic.ca and it seems to be working.
Updated the lastpass records.
1. ES added transcripts for fraq10, fraf6
2. ES has edited Liette's video, and given it to SA. Corresponding xml file has also been added.
3. ES asked SA to upload all new addition to the production site in order to see if edition with Audacity works fine.
1. SA found a solution with regards to cutting the soundtrack at the millisecond : Use Audacity! The program was installed on POMME.
2. ES entered & committed the transcripts for cltq3, fraq11, fraq12, fraq13
Back after a wee while!!
1. Links to video files were sent to Essen for his review before publishing them on the site.
2. SA and ES discussed the need of finding an editing software that allows cutting at the millisecond or hundredth of a second. ES suggested "Video Edit Master" which seems to be a free software. Ongoing.
3. Files in "media folder" POMME have been updated with the latest information existing on the server.
4. New xml files entered for pscf5, accf3, cltf6, fraf8
5. Transcript for cltq3 is done in txt format. Needs to be entered into xml file.
Last session on Francotoile (end of contract) - ES will continue to work on various aspects of the site on an irregular basis from now on.
Still to be done:
1) add the missing thumbnails to the following files on the website: fraf4, fraf5, fraf6, fraq7, fraq8, fraq9, fraq10, fraq11, fraq12, fraq13, ctlq2, cltq3, accq1, eduq1, edubc1
2) obtain the filter for the search function (transcript only or transcript+annotations). Once this is sorted, ES will prepare the three help files to go on the "info" page of the site.
3) annotations are to be added on the following transcripts: accf2, franb1, franb2, franb3, fraq3, fraq4, fraq5, fraq5, fraq6, pscf4, accq1, cltq2, cltq3, edbc1, eduq1 , fraf4, fraf5
4) annotated transcripts are to be added for the following files: fraf6, fraq7, fraq8, fraq9, fraq10, fraq11, fraq12, fraq13
5) The information displaying on the "info" page of the Francotoile should be updated (i.e. the help files and the RA names)
6) ES got a reply from another young lady from interested in being filmed for the project. She is in Québec currently and will get in touch when she return, early November. Still waiting for a response from a Quebecois writer.
7) At revision 218. Latest changes committed should be uploaded to the site.
:: Next Page >>
The prime objective of this project is to create a prototype of a searchable digital video library representing francophone culture. It is to be implemented in French 262.
|<< <||> >>|