1. ES added the xml files for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6.
2. ES added transcripts for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6
3. SA uploaded all the latest changes to the website and all seems to work fine. Thumbnails have to be created for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6.
In the kerfluffle last week with the eXist server and contained webapps, the Francotoile webapp was somehow corrupted. After an hour or two, we got the instance going again, but then discovered that the password for the admin client no longer worked, so we wouldn't be able to update the webapp. Solution was to replace the instance of the webapp on the server with a copy of it on my local machine.
Basic procedure to replace a corrupted instance of a webapp e.g. francotoile
- log in as tapor to tomcat manager on server (peach)
- undeploy webapp
- go back in browser to safe URL (one without undeploy instruction in it)
- ftp in as hcmc to server (peach.hcmc.uvic.ca)
- cd up and down to /usr/local/tomcat-instances/devel/webapps/
- delete old folder
- upload new folder (same name as old folder)
- refresh webapp listing in tomcat manager
- app should appear, click deploy
ES added transcripts for accf3, fraf8, cltf6
1. ES corrected location coordinates for cltf6, aacf3, fraf8
2. ES added transcripts (non annotated) for fraq 7, fraq8, fraq9
ES added about ten new videos and XML data files, so I had to create a thumbnail image for each. I ran each file in the player.xql file, stopped the video, captured a bit of the screen to a png file, edited that to 88x66 px (size that all of them seem to be) added them to the SVN repository, uploaded them to the production site and the copy of the site on my Mac.
While doing that, I noticed extraneous thumbnail files in the images (as opposed to the images/thumbnails) folder, so deleted those from the servers and from the repository.
ES noted that recent changes she'd made weren't appearing on the production site at francotoile.uvic.ca.
I had a connection in the exist admin client that used pear.hcmc.uvic.ca as the domain. I thought that would be dead, but when the connection succeeded, I assumed that domain name was forwarding to the current instance. Wrong. Obviously there is another instance somewhere on "pear" that is still running.
Created a new connection in the admin client using tomcat-devel.hcmc.uvic.ca as the domain and that worked. Also, the webapp in the new instance is francotoile and not francotoile21 as it was in the old instance.
In poking through the files, also noticed a connection string using lettuce.uvic.ca, so changed that to hcmc.uvic.ca and it seems to be working.
Updated the lastpass records.
:: Next Page >>
The prime objective of this project is to create a prototype of a searchable digital video library representing francophone culture. It is to be implemented in French 262.
|<< <||> >>|