This took all day. I first attempted to set the home dir for mholmes on the second disk drive, but when I did that, I ended up with no bash profile. I ended up leaving it at /home/mholmes, but symlinking to specific folders on the second drive instead.
To move VirtualBox vms, I first deleted all snapshots, then moved the disks over (only the disks). Then I created new VMs for the HDs. All working normally, after lots of Windows updates and a bit of tweaking on the Win7 machine (which by default tried to attach the old IDE disk image to a SATA disk controller).
No Pingbacks for this post yet...
This blog is the location for all work involving software and hardware maintenance, updates, installs, etc., both routine and urgent, in the server room, the labs and the R&D rooms.
|<< <||> >>|