I'm now having trouble reading anything from the array. I'm hoping it's rutabaga being flaky and not the drives.
I have a complete copy of the data from a couple of weeks ago, so it shouldn't be a big deal if I can't continue with my backup.
Because all the drives I intend to use in the new NAS are occupied I'm going to need to move stuff around a bit circuitously. I'll start on that tomorrow seeing as how the copy I've been running for the last 4 hours has now crapped-out!
It appears as though every time rutabaga is powered down the RAID array loses its marbles.
This time the new drive got dropped from the array. In fact, the drive didn't even show up in 3 reboots. I just powered up the machine and now it *does* show up. So I went through the same process as previously described, and I'm rebuilding the array right now. So far all appears OK.
UPDATE: array is now rebuilt (15:20) and all appears to be fine.
Although all of our new-ish Linux cubes have eSATAp connectors on them, I've had a hard time sourcing a cable that will allow me to connect an un-enclosed drive to the eSATAp port. I eventually found this:
http://www.cablesonline.com/39pooves5vsa.html, for $20.
I checked with monoprice live help; they don't have them but they say they'll look at getting them.
This blog is the location for all work involving software and hardware maintenance, updates, installs, etc., both routine and urgent, in the server room, the labs and the R&D rooms.
|<< <||Current||> >>|