Met to discuss 3 proposals:
- Victorian Poetry Network (AC)
- Graves Diary Extension (EGW)
- 2-day TEI fundamentals workshop
- write up policy on HCMC staff teaching
- incorporate that in larger HCMC mandate document
- submit both for review at next meeting
Finished process of processing files into tab delimited text files for upload into the mySQL DB, following process in the documents HowTo/HowToProcessColonistFiles.txt and HowTo/sql_for_load_data_file.txt files.
Modified HowToProcess document a bit to capture new conventions for encoding cemetary plot identifiers.
Modified sql_for_load_data_file as it had the field names in the wrong order (cemetary followed transcript rather than preceded it in the list of fields)
Uploaded data for 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1932 into the database.
Reorganized folders containing data files and synchronized the files on the server and the files on my Mac so I have identical copies of the data files and the website on both machines.
For many projects it will be useful to have a way of calling a java lib which can make a universal similarity metric measurement of two strings. I've started working from this documentation to create a class and the necessary wrappers to make this work. I'm still trying to resolve some dependencies, but I think this will be practical, and we'll be able to use the USM module in the context of oXygen (where we're allowed to use Saxon EE). The testbed for this will be the matching of ContentDM records with our TEI metadata for maps.
That's the Rees review.
Saw a broken link error that's been in the History site report for a couple of weeks now, so I fixed it.
|<< <||Current||> >>|