In a couple of hours late; stayed one hour late.
I've now added placename handling to the -ography generation code. In the process, I discovered that the same identifiers have been used for people and places in a number of cases. These will be disambiguated by KT, but in the meantime, I've added traps for them so that the XML file which is generated does not have id collisions. The -ography file is now generated from itself, and can preserve any descriptive data in e.g.
<desc> tags which already exist in the file, while replacing the counts etc.
I've sent detailed instructions to KT on how to use search-and-replace to transition to the use of
<rs> instead of persName, and to a single -ography file from the separate people and places files maintained previously.
Now I'm working on counting speeches and lengths of speeches for each character.
Four new correspondence documents from 1859 have been added to the correspondence, transcribed by Marion Massey and marked up by Petria Arienzale. The total document count is now 7151.
|<< <||Current||> >>|