Going over to the bookstore to check the latest proof...
Built the complete P&A site structure down to the bottom level pages, and organized the navigation. Remaining to be done: additional-marketing and external-links.
I've written some simple XSLT to compile a file called
serOgraphies.xml from the three input files KT says are basically ready. The entries look like this:
<item xml:id="Charles"> <rs n="1">Charles</rs> <rs n="3">Charles Gould</rs> <rs n="6">Don Carlos</rs> <rs n="2">Don Carlos Gould</rs> <rs n="1">Gould</rs> <rs n="4">Señor Administrador</rs> <rs n="2">Señor Administrador of the San Tomé Mine</rs> <rs n="1">their Señor Administrador</rs> </item>
@n values are the counts of instances of that particular epithet, so "Charles" occurs once, "Charles Gould" occurs three times, and so on.
I found and fixed a few encoding errors and oddities in the transcription files at the same time.
This is generated from
<persName> tags, but it's simple to change to
<rs> tags, add
<event>s, etc. It's likely that tagging in the text will shift to
<persName>, so that e.g. non-human characters such as animals can be accommodated.
I'm now doing most of this work in my free time, but I completed and submitted the third programming assignment this morning. Still managing to keep up and stay on schedule. :-)
Based on my meeting notes and some subsequent thinking, I've created a detailed plan for AT, for the Tarr markup, and sent it to him and KT.
|<< <||Current||> >>|