Did some more work over the weekend to turn the report into more user-friendly HTML. Now done, unless we can think of any other checks to add.
Uni 101 site wanted no left column. I used the administration/site configuration and tried to set the block for 07-secondary-navigation to "no block", but when I submitted that change, the configuration appeared not to be updated (i.e. the path to the block still appeared there) and the page itself still allocated space on the left side.
Wrote to JS, and she said she set 07-secondary-navigation and 08-quicklinks to "no block" and that generated the desired effect. (The site configuration now shows empty for those two content areas, and the actual page shows the main content area extending to the left edge.) I still don't understand what caused the behaviour I got. I did not set 08-quicklinks to "no block", so maybe failing to do that causes Cascade to ignore the fact that I did set 07-secondary-nav to "no block". I haven't tested that.
(reposted from entry accidentally posted to vacation blog)
New site now provisioned in new template version
- JN begin build out of new site
- relocating more content into various sections of new template version
- continue relocating content
Leaving a little early.
Added checking of ids against spreadsheet of proposed urls, and also a crude but workable similarity metric that detects possible duplicate bibl entries.
The next stage is to make this a nice HTML page for output.
Went to the Knowledge Mobilization workshop, and then worked on the BCGenesis application with KSW.
Also removed the old page from the site, since it's no longer needed.
Did some writing, planning and budgeting for the Endings project.
... to diagnostics.xsl: check for refs instead of names. The only remaining one from the original XQuery version is the check for potentially duplicate bibl entries. That'll take some thought. I used a similarity metric written in Java for that.
|<< <||> >>|